[drivingpairs] Re: pony mule and pony horse pair

  • From: suztemple@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 08:38:25 -0600

You are right.  If you use an experienced partner for your mule, either a
horse or another mule, he will learn by copying his team-mate.  I always use
a harness that has collar and hames.  That way the novice cant do much
except what his teammate allows him to do.  I also use a fairly heavy wagon
that has brakes.  That is a lot safer for you and the equines.   Suzy