[drivingpairs] my new pair vehicle...

  • From: Kathleen Conklin <conklink@xxxxxxx>
  • To: driving pairs pairs <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 09:12:21 -0500

hi everyone,

i am very happy to tell you that with the support of bob cook of
hunters creek farm - http://www.horsecarriages.com/home.htm - i am
almost in possession of a WCC Mustang.  almost because i won't
actually have it in my barn 'till the end of the month.  bob decided
to support my efforts with the alternate equines in an almost all-
horse environment.  he has made it possible for me to acquire a great
training vehicle for my inroads into pair driving.  thank you bob!

i actually have put the pair training up for the winter.  i ran out
of consistent help and the weather is turning colder in upstate new
york and without an off road vehicle i only could work on the macadam
roads.  with all those issues i decided that my best plan would be to
wait for a training vehicle and spring to continue with agnes'
training after about 12 hitchings.  i usually put john henry at jeff
morse's green meads farm - http://green.meads.com - for a week in the
spring to do a driving tune up and i think that i will put agnes
there as well and maybe extend it for a month so that i can get a lot
of miles with the pair when help is available.

here is the vehicle -
http://www.pbase.com/conklink/new_wcc_mustang

it fills all my requirements... pneumatic tires, 4 breaks, wide back
step, lighter than most pair vehicles and it is GREEN! <G>
everything i have is green!

i ride just about every day all winter long - weather permitting.
agnes will be more than ready to continue pair training when the
weather breaks in the spring... probably around april is the earliest
for good footing.  mary waller has already told me to bring the pair
back for several first hitchings and that will be great before they
go to jeff's for actual work.  i am already looking forward to
spring.... nothing like wishing the great winter season away <G>.

tally ho,
kathleen, john henry \  / & agnes \  /
http://john.henry.org
http://horseblanketetc.com