[drivingpairs] Re: drivingpairs Digest V3 #59

  • From: "B Seablade" <shadowbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:32:22 -0500

Hi Hardy

I bought a heart rate monitor last year at Equine Affair.  I just started
using it this spring.  I have a hard time getting it to work on my hairy
beasts.

I finally got it right and used it one day on one mare in the pair.  I got
so nervous about it going up and down.  My friend who was riding with me on
the carriage is a vet tech and she assured me that's what happens when they
work.

I was nervous about pushing the pair but it was amazing that after the
initial spurt for speed the heart rate settles right down and stays down.
Soon as you slow down it is right down.  When you stop it drops quickly.

Do you have any guidelines for using the monitors?  Thanks   Betty