[drivingpairs] Re: "dog ugly" standardbreds and ponies??

  • From: Merrie Mills <mynorvegicus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 07:48:57 -0800 (PST)

I meant that this guy's horse was as ugly as they come
and appeared to be an Amish-reject Standardbred that
paced every step.  It didn't even have a regular walk,
much less a running walk of a Tennessee Walker, which
he thought it was.  I used to have a Standardbred who
wasn't ugly at all.  I turned him back in to the
Standardbred Retirement Foundation a few months ago
because my husband wasn't using him and the horse was
eating $125 in food each month, standing around.  He's
now a husband-horse in SC.  He was a pacer that I
broke to amble.

As for ponies, I am a pony person and I breed Welsh
Ponies.  My ponies are very, VERY fancy.  The general
feeling around here is that a "pony" is one of those
creepy little things that sell for $50-$500, inferior
animals at best.  The exceptions are the hunter
people, and I am also a member of the Virginia Pony
Breeders Association.  It's "nothing" for the parents
of an aspiring little show girl to spend $20K - $70K
for a "Virginia-bred," since if you ARE anyone in the
hunter world, your parents will provide you with "the
best," meaning a registered Virginia-bred hunter pony.
 The trail club members for the most part are not
aware of this.  My personal trail riding pony is a
half brother to Muffy Seaton's Findeln Paleface and
also to the Miller's Pony Finals national champion
hunter pony Pony Dot Com.  They don't get any fancier
than that.  But still, he's "just a pony."

Laura

--- debbystai <debbystai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please...in the first place I have a wonderful pony
> and my daughter has a wonderful standardbred, and we
> have friends who have wonderful dogs....I don't
> understand the "dog ugly" remark and find it
> unfair....Please remember, beauty is in the eye of
> the beholder....Maybe you aren't happy with the
> owners of these horses, but don't belittle the
> horses and/or dogs by throwing insults their way...
> Debby in Texas

> to:
> http://www.drivingpairs.com/index.php?pg=2

"My furs are not in storage or draped across the bed,
They're hanging from the cage door, waiting to be fed."

Remember:   STUPIDITY IS A SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE!