[drivingpairs] World Pairs non-selection

  • From: "drivingpairs" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ahsapres@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:06:43 -0500

Dear Mr. Balch,
The thought occurred to me this morning about something no one has mentioned.
Perhaps in the midst of outrage created by the committee's decision, no one has
given any thought to how this appears to our driving friends in other
countries.

While I'm not sure how many countries are represented in the membership of the
US driving lists, I do know that we have received comments from  our driving
friends abroad.

This tells me the outrage has spread beyond our borders.    Please be assured
that the driving community is not going to allow this type of treatment.   With
the power of the internet, the wave is growing day by day.    Although not many
of us reach the levels of the three who were denied the opportunity to
represent our country at the World Pairs, we stand united behind them with our
support and indignation.

What action you take now is critical to the future of our sport in this country
and its relationship to the rest of the world's driving community.   Boiler
plate replies are not what we want.    We want positive and ethical action from
the committee, who we've allowed to represent us.

This is an opportunity to take action to correct any mistakes made in the past.
  Our driving community waits to hear from you.

Respectfully,

Helen Roeder
Co-owner www.drivingpairs.com
      and drivingpairs list