[drivingpairs] What you can do to help

  • From: Mike & Marjean McIntyre <Tenpenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "INTERNET:drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:17:50 -0400

It has been suggested that I post a brief statement to the list that
interested parties can cut and paste and forward to the USAEq.  There is =
feeling by one of the attorneys that quantity does mean something.  So, i=
there are some of you out there that would like to help the pair drivers
but don't have the time, or feel you don't have the ability to write your=

own letter, you can cut and paste this and send it to Mr. Balch at =

AHSApres@xxxxxxx

I am writing to ask you to take action on behalf of the pairs drivers tha=
were candidates for the World Pairs Championships in France in 2003.  Las=
Thursday, as I know you are aware, the Driving Committee for the USET too=
the unusual action of dismissing three of it members at the beginning of
the meeting to make the selection for a supposed conflict of interest,
which if it was, had existed since the time they were appointed to the
selection committee, and certainly did not arise that morning. The
remaining members then voted 3-2 to not send a team to France, saying the=
did not deserve to go. Mr. Balch, I plead with you to take this opportuni=
ty
to lead the USAEq into a future of openness and fairness.  We cannot
tolerate treatment such as this of our athletes.  Mike McClennen has spen=
two years of great personal and financial sacrifice to be a member of thi=
team.  Lisa Singer and Larry Poulin are both multiple National Champions
and members of several World Championship Teams in the past.  If this
precedent is allowed to be set, few people are going to be willing to
gamble their finances and their lives in this game of secrecy and lies.  =

Do you think for a minute that the jumpers will be willing to just stay
home because they are not really competitive on the International scene a=
this time?  Do we really want to send this message to the International
Equestrian community, and to the people of France, given the recent
relations between our two countries?

Mr. Balch, demand that the committee reconvene with ALL members
participating and give the athletes involved the fair treatment they
deserve.  In doing so, you will send a message to the entire equestrian
community that a new day has truly dawned.

(sign your name)

The drivers are very sincere in their thanks to all of you that are takin=
up their cause.  =

Marjean =