[drivingpairs] Re: Welsh Cobs , carts, etc for sale

  • From: Noel Jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:20:37 -0400

Anne's post reminds me of my father buying 10 Welsh mares from Wales imported by the Stewarts in Peterborough in teh late 1950's...was an expensive Rice Lake fishing trip for him that year!

On Sep 21, 2005, at 11:18 PM, Anne Corden wrote:

I have 5 Welsh Cobs for sale & some other stuff too!
1 three yr old, 15hh, bay gelding with 4 socks going nicely under saddle, but would make an awesome driving cob as fancy refined look combined with good movement, excellent work ethic, a real sweetheart.
4 purebred registered Welsh Cob 2005 foals, a smokey black filly to reach 15hh, a palomino colt to reach 15.2hh, a liver chestnut colt to reach 14hh, a perlino colt to reach 13.2hh, All are well handled so lead, tie good with feet etc., excellent temperaments & correct conformation.
a meadowbrook show cart [natural wood] to fit 12hh pony
with harness to fit 12hh pony--leather & brass fittings.
a training cart--metal frame with bicycle wheels for 12hh pony
a set of shaves on wheels used to train yearlings to shafts with no weight etc. to fit 10-12 pony.
 a sloop sleigh to fit 12-13 hh ponies in need of some repair
1 Billy Cook western saddle, 15" seat pleasure equitation style--older model but in excellent shape
1 stubben siegfried all purpose saddle 17" seat older but in good condition
english chaps[brown] & western chaps[green]
western show halter with silver--like new
western bridle, english bridle with figure 8 noseband
photos available via e-mail [ anne.corden@xxxxxxxxxxxx ]for all of above
Anne Corden
Maple Lane Welsh Cobs
R.R. # 5