[drivingpairs] Training

  • From: Hzlax@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:08:51 EST

In a message dated 2/10/2004 11:55:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> You can't
> just drive every other Sunday in good weather and expect to achieve your
> dreams.

Well, that all depends on what your dreams are :-). If they are to just drive
every other Sunday in good weather, then you might get there eventually -
after some years of trying - perhaps :-).  Just do the math: Every other Sunday
let's say for an hour, that's 26 hours a year if you life where you can drive
year round. Or if it's where the weather is bad half the time, then it's 13
hours a year!  That's what I drive in 2 weeks. So in half a year, I do as much
as
that person would do in 13 years  (if he/she sticks with it that long :-).
So YES, if you dream of having a well trained and safe pair, then I fully
agree with the above statement.
If your dream is upper level competitions, as a rule of thumb, where I come
from, they say it takes about 500 hours of driving to make it a good upper
level competition pair. That means two years driving an hour a day, five days a
week !  So if you can't drive 5 days a week, just figure out how often you can,
and then figure it out, how many years you need to put into your pair to get
there.
Hardy