[drivingpairs] Re: Russet Or Black

  • From: "SLittle" <Salger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 21:47:42 -0500

Thanks for the insight.  I have an Eagle that I just love but it has brown
painted metal!  As such, I need to go russet.  Pleasure turnout is not our
greatest class.  We are more the working class (in real life too) What brand
of synthetic russet do you like?

I am considering leather as well because it is beautiful and traditional.

I purchased a used black set that came with K collars & the works for my
first carriage.  But due to age and wear, it had lost its luster.  Thus it
needs plenty more man (woman) hours of "reconditioning" to make it look
decent.

So biting the bullet for russet is ok!  I just need to figure out which I
like the best and to compare value.  Value is more important than price.
But the value vs price must also agree with my needs!!  ADS pleasure shows
and a few ADT.  Does the synthetic hold up?  I want the turn out to look
nice so I could go leather/brass but that is more prep time.  Leather/nickel
might not look as good but less prep.  Synthetic might not look as good but
perhaps as mentioned, if presented well, could hold up?!

I rushed on the purchase of my black pairs harness and I am very caution
about my next harness purchase.  So, thanks again for any advice!

Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:48:16 -0500

I know the question of leather vs. synthetic has been
discussed on the
list
many times.  BUT I would like to reopen the talk
regarding RUSSET
harness.
I am looking for a russet pairs harness for pleasure
shows and low
level
ADT.<