[drivingpairs] Re: Museums With Carriages

  • From: kathy robertson <goodhors@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:47:13 -0700 (PDT)

Well Thank You Jerry! What a great offer.  A person
sure can't beat a personal invitation!!  We may take
you up on that one of these days.

Stony Brook does sound greatly improved with your
remarks.  It also has been quite a while as mentioned,
since I was there.

Conservation is very important with old things, but it
seems that just letting people look at things in
storage barns would not have hurt the items.  So nice
to hear that those carriages are now available for
viewing with the correct arrangements.

Again, thanks for better information and the offer.

Kathy Robertson

<From: Shadbelly4@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 22:07:17 EDT
Subject: [drivingpairs] Re: Museums With Carriages

Kathy I'm sorry you were disappointed at Stony Brook
If I had been there I would have made you feel welcome
. Since 1988 major improvements have
been made, both in accessibility and interpretation
There are more carriages on display and  the new
galleries especially the 2 new ones are very
interesting.  Like many  museums there is a lack of
staff and the guards tend to be intimidating.
The  carriage storage sheds are now climate controlled
and lighted and can be viewed by groups with prior
appointment. Our local club Paumanock
Driving Club  will host visiting clubs and a room is
available for lunch and talks.If any one  is planning
a trip here contact me or Julie Diamond at the museums

_jdiamond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:jdiamond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
and we will try and make your trip more worthwhile

Thanks Jerry T 50 miles
east  of NYC>