[drivingpairs] Michigan Driving

  • From: kathy robertson <goodhors@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:36:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Thom,

We are near you, in Owosso.  However we don't train
horses for others or give lessons.

  Locally (Michigan) there are a couple Driving clubs.
 The Michigan Horse Drawn Vehicle Association is for
all type driving animals, with a state-wide
membership.  Many singles but some Pairs.  Very nice
bunch of folks with activities for all driving
interests, picnics, showing, clinics, speakers in
winter.  There is a website:

http://www.mhdva.com/

I just noticed that they posted a photo of daughter
and husband with a single at the summer show!  She has
the bay horse coming right at you in the center.  She
used horse as her 4-H project in riding and driving.
He is usually a wheeler for my husband.  Real nice
horse.

The other club is the Metamora Carriage Driving
Association.  Checking with the ADS site, it says to
contact Terry Pickett, who is a very skilled Coachman.
 I have his number as 810-796-3024.

Metamora club is more localized around the Metamora
area, Lapeer, Oxford because most of the members are
there.  Started out as a neighborhood group.  Also
very nice folks with their activities going on
locally.  They do put on the Metamora CDE in June, a
terrific Event.  They could give you numbers of
Carriage driving trainers, since I believe they are
all members.  Not sure if you want Trainer for single
training or for Multiples, for you or a horse.
Multiples trainers are harder to find, unless you are
into Drafts or Draft style Ponies.

I will look forward to meeting you if you can attend
any driving activities.  Welcome to the group.

Kathy Robertson