[drivingpairs] Re: Keith & Linda's ponies

  • From: atascill@xxxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:58:04 GMT

You WIMPS!  I've survived several instances of jumping 5.5 ft on top of my
Holsteiner mare (watch those stump piles the neighbors put up) -- it's the
biggest thrill when they bascule (bend away from you both in front and behind),
then return, and you're actually still on top of them, though maybe a little
far forward ;) ....

That brings up a topic I've had in mind for a while.  Corvall, Doctor's Buggy,
and 2 horses riding shotgun (I just adore that term) just did a loop that
included a sretch of paved road, of course (in SE michigan flatland) with some
dirt road with some very deep ditches to one side.  I'm actually a little
paranoid (esp after reading about a half a dozen mishaps lately between Amish
buggies and motorized vehicles) about what to do one day when some idiot
doesn't see us, or decides to play chicken.  On horseback we can jump the
ditch.  Has anyone been in a close call with a car or truck?

****

Keith & Linda,
I think your ponies are fantastic and I studied your setup closely. Lots of
good information here. But I must admit, I LOVE the jump picture most.
That's really the only way I want to jump with a horse :)
Rachel