[drivingpairs] Hitching a pair

  • From: Hzlax@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 17:46:51 EDT

The post below is for DRAFT horses, not the proper way for light carriage
horses. As Doug posted correctly, we don't step over a pole, and first connect
coupling reins, then pole straps, then traces. And if alone, then don't walk
around the back of the carriage, but rather in front of the horses, so that you
are with them and close to the reins and with that hopefully in control.
Hardy (short of time, in between travelling and signing off for another 3
weeks)