[drivingpairs] Help - pair reins

  • From: Hzlax@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:06:23 EDT

Don is very correct in his answer, but I had to read it twice, as first I
misunderstood, so want to point this out, so others don't read this too fast
and
get it wrong as I first did. The cross-over or coupling rein is the one that
is short and is buckled to the long outside rein, which has the holes on it,
HOWEVER, when you lay them both out on the floor (or measure them in your hand
before putting them on the horses), then the coupling rein is buckled in a way,
that it sticks out LONGER in front. It is a shorter piece of leather, but it
comes out LONGER in front, and needs to be LONGER in front, as it has to cross
over to the other horse, thus needs to cover more distance. Ok, clear as mud
now?
Hardy