[drivingpairs] Carriage in Pick-up

  • From: Hzlax@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:15:01 EDT

I still have two U-angle iron steel ramps that mount into a full size pick-up
truck to put a heavy marathon carriage above the wheel wells. I had them made
professionally many years ago by Walt Ashford to haul my Kuehnle pair
marathon in my 1991Chevy 350 one ton dually. They attach at the sides to the
tie down
hooks and worked well for a trip from Calif. to the Eastcoast and back.
After I got my gooseneck trailer I didn't need them anymore, but they are still
here. If anybody wants them, you can have them for free, but have to come and
get them.
At that time I had my Presentation carriage in the nose of my bumper pull
stock trailer and the two horses behind. The stock trailer had an extra long
tongue - is that the right word? I mean the V shaped part in front of the
trailer
with which to attach it to the trailer hitch - and can't think of the proper
word for it right now, anyhow, that part was designed extra long, so that it
was long enough so that one could jack knife the truck and then the trailer was
far enough behind to the side so that one could unload the carriage from the
truck bed without having to unhook the trailer.
Hardy