[drivingpairs] Blowing Dry

  • From: kathy robertson <goodhors@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 06:54:50 -0800 (PST)

Gosh Jay,  just when you think you have improved
something, someone else has "New and Improved" an idea
even further!!  I will keep this leaf blower idea in
mind.

  I also had a small question, about the leaf blower.
Do you leave the long tube on or remove it?  Maybe
just leave on the tube end, corner, so air is directed
down off horse?  Just want my details correct for
passing idea on.  Training steps were also helpful.

  I use my leaf blower for a lot of barn cleaning,
aisles, walls, hay storage on cement, horse trailers
after use.  I always wear a paper mask, ear plugs and
safety glasses.  Leaf blowr sure can move stuff out of
the corners, but I get a lot of swirly dust, hate the
noise, during cleaning jobs.  Mask keeps me from
breathing in all the dirt, while working in enclosed
spaces.  I do look like a clown when I take off the
mask and safety glasses!!  White rings around the
eyes, white over nose and mouth.  Better having dirt
on the outside, than breathing it all in!  Funny how
barns cleaned regularly, still get so dusty.

  I had also used our shop vac on the horses, before
we got the old Electro-Groom at a friend's sale.  I
love that vacuum!  Shop vacs can work well, vacuuming
or blowing, just get the highest horsepower you can
afford.

The old horse seems to like the warm vacuum air,
forced thru the narrow nozzle of blower side.  Though
she does look rather like a puffed up, winter bird,
watching me thru slitty eyes during the process!

Thanks for sharing.

Kathy Robertson

>     I have used a shop vac, do you find you like the
> leaf blower better??
>
> Ansley

velocity and volume of air than a vacuum cleaner can
> develop, even on the blower side.  I got the
cheapest one I could find, and have been using it for
seven or eight years  Trained ponies first with vacuum
to get them used to noise, switch to blower side, then
to leaf blower.