[drivingpairs] Re: Benevolent dictators, Yankee breeching...

  • From: "MARGARET TOWNSEND" <namgo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "drivingpairs" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 06:56:35 -0700

Hardy, you put it very well!
Both of my pair harnesses have the kind of breeching pictured on Diane
Kastama's turnout-a 'standard' breeching, with straps on both end that pass
under the belly to be fastened to the false martingale. I didn't specify that;
it's just what came, so I presumed that set-up to be usual and common...I, too,
would be interested in whether it is better to pass the girth through the loop
of the false martingale, or not (seems to me it might 'droop' too much if I
didn't?..), and also, I would love to hear (and see, perhaps via a posted link,
as attachments aren't allowed here) more about the kind that pass over the rump
just in front of the dock/crupper....! I am always looking to learn!
  Regards to all,
  Margo C-T
  in slowly re-warming New Mexico, where we have the kind of snows described by
Deryn, usually followed by days of gooey MUD-houses are built out of the kind
of clay(adobe) I live on!-so regular driving IS often curtailed...