[drivingpairs] Re: Achenbach rein handling

  • From: KDougk@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 23:58:07 EST

In a message dated 2/13/2006 11:02:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mars@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Please excuse my naivete, but is there anyone out there in or close to
Oklahoma that would be willing to show me how the Achenbach handling basics?  I
usually drive 4 and have limited experience with tandems, but have always
driven
2-handed as this is how my mentor taught me at the start.  I would like to
learn.   mars@xxxxxxxxx

THANKS

Jan
Both Tom Ryder's book On the Box Seat or The German Driving Hand Book, which
are available in paper back have excellent sections on rein handling. Both are
available through either the CAA or ADS.

Where are you located in OK?

Douglas Kemmerer
Hawks Hill Farm
Middleburg, VA 20118