[dps-chat] Re: Smoking Professionals

  • From: margmansfield <margmansfield@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dps-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 22:55:18 +0800

Hi All,

I recall a teacher impatiently waiting for us to leave for recess so he could light up. Yes, in the classroom. When I started teaching the smokers had to use the loo.

When a student nurse earlier I was astounded that patients smoked in bed if unable to go to the balcony or lounge. Really objected to patients lightening up with oxygen on.

When we married I was shocked that he would light up in bed. I had no real understanding of an addiction. Dad was a "smoker" as he had one sometimes after dinner. My man had given up smoking when we first went to Europe but there were smokers everywhere and cigarettes were so cheap he started again!

Still find the smokers outside the airport doors a bit over whelming.

Marg.