[donspatch] 2010-05-01

  • From: "Don (& Lisa)" <dondashguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Donspatch <Donspatch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 00:09:58 -0500

#140 May 1, 2010 from http://www.don-guitar.com

Online version:  http://www.don-guitar.com/currentissue.html

Archives:  //www.freelists.org/archives/donspatch/

First word, from Don:

Friends Bill Lanoue and Lee Parmeter have both been crowing
and gloating because they have new Android phones.  I'm
tech-challenged when it comes to cell phones; I've never
owned or wanted one (though Lisa has a tracfone which has
been awfully handy a time or two) and I've never been one
to be interested in the latest-greatest tech-gadget but I
can't help noticing that these guys are really enjoying
their new toys.   Let me quote Lee for a minute just to give
you an example, this is from a recent post he made to our
Linux User Group...

---
My android phone is fantastic!

A swiss army knife that can do almost anything!

In addition to being a excellent 'Smart' Phone, it can
access your file server via ssh, mount partitions, take
control of any computer in the house via VNC, and even
change the channels on a MythTV or Roku box.

NPR.org announced yesterday that they
are creating an APP for Android.

Adobe Flash 10.x is coming this summer.

Bottom line, Android is Linux which
explains why it's awesome!
---

...in all honesty I don't have a file server in the house,
don't know what 'VNC' is (except I'm pretty sure it's a
Linux thing) and I don't own a MythTV or Roku box but still,
he sure makes it sound cool doesn't he?  :)

Bill Lanoue sent a link to an article which shows that
Android (which is a Linux based cell phone operating system
developed by Google) is making inroads into the market.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-20003618-16.html

Lisa's tracfone is a plain vanilla cell phone which cost us
a total of $39.95 (refurbished) and we pay $19.95 every
three months for the service.  She rarely uses it so she
always has minutes left that roll over.  As of April 25th
she's got over 200 minutes accumulated and service is paid
up through July 25th.  To my way of thinking, that's a very
'smart' phone.  Still, Androids are pretty cool.

On the Our_Patch mailing list, for the past couple of weeks,
we've discussed taking care of our loved ones, quilting,
heavy equipment and my ongoing, often thwarted, attempts to
record some songs I've written.  Drop us a line if you'd
care to join the discussion and I'll add you to the list.

See you next time.

Don

Our feedback form and contact info:
http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html

Don on...

myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/donguitar

facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Don-Crowder/1321324044

twitter:
http://twitter.com/eldergeek

blogger:
http://don-guitar.blogspot.com/

google buzz.
http://www.google.com/profiles/dondashguitar

Lisa on...

myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/81825549

facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Lisa-Miller/100000537499890

blogger:
http://thedirtgoddess.blogspot.com/

google buzz.
http://www.google.com/profiles/101326359135790262301

Section One by Don.

One of my favorite television programs from 'back in the
day' (when we still occasionally watched television).
http://www.yancancook.com/index.html

A nice CSS tutorial.   http://www.glish.com/css/

If you're a DIY type when it comes to fixing your
computer, here's a nice 'cannon' for your 'arsenal'.
http://www.ubcd4win.com/

Most of us know him as Wesley Crusher.  His name is
Wil Wheaton, he's a geek, this is his website.
http://radiofreeburrito.com/

World play day is May 28th.  Be there or be square!
http://www.itla-toylibraries.org/wpdv.htm

A nice collection of guidebooks on an eclectic range
of topics.   http://www.makeuseof.com/service/pdf-manuals/

A sort of search engine for gadgets.
http://www.measy.com/

Visual Illusions: Their Causes, Characteristics and
Applications (a book written in 1922 by Matthew Luckiesh).
http://www.visualillusion.net/

There's a lot of interesting illusions on this page, from
weburbanist dot com...   http://tinyurl.com/5rolga
...and more interesting stuff where that came from.
http://weburbanist.com/

This facebook page, which may be a little slow to load,
contains images of architectural illusions.
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=156917515817

Fascinating letters, postcards, telegrams, faxes, and
memos.   http://www.lettersofnote.com/

Maria Lorena Lehman's take on architecture.
http://sensingarchitecture.com/

If you're up for anonymously talking about stuff which folks
don't normally choose to mention, then maybe you can make a
meaningful contribution to the diary project.
http://www.diaryproject.com/

The weekly geek show.   http://weeklygeekshow.com/

Geeky newsy stuff.   http://cybernetnews.com/

Ever try to send someone a large file only to have your
email host reject it for being too large?
http://free.mailbigfile.com/

Banksy is an interesting and world famous artist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banksy
His bio, from briansewell dot com.
http://tinyurl.com/48w3ac
Images of his work, courtesy of google image search.
http://tinyurl.com/28vb7fm

End of Section One.

This publication is only mailed to verified
double opt-in subscribers, and is brought
to you by me, Don Crowder, my wife,
Lisa Miller, and //www.freelists.org

Section Two by Lisa.

Sarcasm for the people.
http://opensarcasm.org/#

A very unusual book review.
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2X2TB3S4O5I60

Beginner lessons in Linux.
http://www.linux.org/lessons/beginner/

Mozilla's Weave for Firefox synchronizes
all of your personal data across all
of your devices.
http://vooshal.notlong.com

Think you've heard it all? How
about Chocolate Bacon Funnel Cakes?
http://rojazee.notlong.com

All you need to know about your bones.
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/

The Euphemism Hall of Fame.
http://iangahsa.notlong.com

The encyclopedia for mobile devices.
http://wapedia.mobi/

Official symbology of the US.
http://www.fgdc.gov/HSWG/index.html

Pencil animation software.
http://www.pencil-animation.org/

Make up your own political speech
and share it with friends.
http://www.speechbreaker.co.uk/

Like to eat bugs? You're not alone.
http://oyikeof.notlong.com
http://eat.bees.net/

Earth Day Mini-Feature

What's Google doing for Earth Day?
http://ahpetoj.notlong.com
http://aoxifum.notlong.com
http://miphiiya.notlong.com

Earth Day, the easy way.
http://vaijemau.notlong.com

Composting;
Food. http://eeshaat.notlong.com
http://phaicez.notlong.com
Yard waste. http://phaicez.notlong.com
Toilet. http://bohzex.notlong.com

Vote with your wallet.
http://blog.biggreenpurse.com/

Reprise; Mushrooms can save the planet.
http://blog.ted.com/2008/05/paul_stamets.php

Furoshiki, the original reusable bags.
http://xorsyst.com/japan/how-to-tie-furoshiki/

End of Section Two.

At the time this issue was posted,
the current subscriber count for
this publication was 376.

This issue's collection of online news, blogs,
magazines, videos  and/or other informational
sites.  These are chosen for maximum diversity
regardless of 'spin' and in some cases may
have offensive or questionable content.
http://open.salon.com/
http://www.opendoorsusa.org/
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/futuretense/
http://www.change.org/
http://www.hoffmania.com/
http://www.jennifermarohasy.com/
http://vesperfire.com/essays/
http://www.treehugger.com/
http://www.npr.org/
http://cloud-capped.blogspot.com/
http://www.noupe.com/
http://www.mamavation.com/
http://claireflaire.wordpress.com/
http://www.gadgets.techshankar.com/
http://www.radiocaley.com/
http://www.indierockcafe.com/
http://g4tv.com/
http://www.gadgets.techshankar.com/
http://www.boxoftricks.net/
http://amysteinphoto.blogspot.com/
http://mindprod.com/index.html
http://www.associatedcontent.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruy04uIMuvQ&NR=1
http://www.freebsd-geek.com/
http://thequeso.com/

Section Three by Don.

I'm beginning to think that podcasting may eventually
replace television.   http://www.podbean.com/

An American icon and one of my personal heroes.
http://www.billcosby.com/

Leo Laporte and friends.   http://twit.tv/

It doesn't take long to spend a bundle on a decent bicycle
and they're a great form of exercise but they can do far
more damage than good if the seat is incorrectly adjusted.
http://www.jimlangley.net/crank/bikefit.html
http://tinyurl.com/29p6p5o [ehow dot com]
http://bicycletutor.com/adjust-seat/

One potentially good solution to handling all your
passwords.   http://keepass.info/

For those occasions when twitter's 140 character limit just
isn't enough for you.   http://www.twitlonger.com/

For those who really dig digging.
http://www.vincelewis.net/diggers.html

All things cupcake.   http://www.allthingscupcake.com/

A very interesting traveling road show.  Scroll down and
check out the flikr, facebook, blog and hand drawn book
links.   http://www.worldslargestthings.com/

I tracked down someone who might be an old friend of mine
but couldn't find a website or email address.  All I found
was a 'snail mail' (postal address) and a telephone number.
I wasn't comfortable with the notion of calling and hated
the thought of typing a letter, printing it out, finding
an envelope and finding a stamp.  To many chances to
get stopped cold by running out of paper, running out
of ink or being unable to find and envelope or stamp.
Instead, I typed it all out on this web site and gave
them 99 cents with paypal, in return for which they
printed it out, put it in an envelope put a stamp on
it and mailed it for me.
Very cool.   http://snailmailr.com/send-letter

In an era where information itself is the real commodity,
there's a rash of sites trying to cash in on knowledge.
http://wisteme.com/main.view?targetAction=index

Stone buildings and their building stone.
http://www.gly.uga.edu/railsback/BS-Main.html

I'm a serious skeptic but my direct observation is that
you can discourage flies with little bags of water.
http://tinyurl.com/5mpk5h [howstufworks dot com]
http://tinyurl.com/2a2u3yg [sfgate dot com]
http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/flies.asp

Typography for lawyers.
http://www.typographyforlawyers.com/

The way to learn to write, I'm told, is simply to write,
every day.  I wonder if this site wasn't developed simply
to give four writers another venue for their efforts?
http://www.dailywritingtips.com/

I'm totally 'last century' when it comes to aggregators.
Don't need one, don't find them interesting but some folks
do.   http://popurls.com/

R. D. Gastil's take on beautiful websites.
http://www.siteideas.net/sites.htm

The world's worst website.
http://www.angelfire.com/super/badwebs/

Bad website design features.
http://www.ratz.com/featuresbad.html

A scrapbook, by Michael J. Darnell, of illustrated examples
of things that are hard to use because they do not follow
human factors principles.   http://www.baddesigns.com/

End of Section Three.

If you'd like to help promote this
non-commercial publication,
please forward this ezine to
anyone you know who might
appreciate it.  To spare them
the forwarding carets (>> these
things) I suggest you copy/paste
the ezine to a new email window,
or save the ezine as a text file to
be inserted, or copy/pasted to a
new email.

If you've received this publication
as a forward and wish to subscribe
you may easily do so from online
forms in either of these two locations:
http://www.don-guitar.com/subsmanager.html
//www.freelists.org/list/donspatch

Section Four by Lisa.

One Chinese boy.
http://olympic-museum.de/john_wing/jwing.html
http://www.johnwing.co.uk/

Make those YouTube comments with confidence.
http://aiviesuo.notlong.com

How an Oregon, USA hotel successfully
uses Wave.  http://vaorae.notlong.com

Alexander Calder made jewelry.
http://ichieke.notlong.com
http://utoef.notlong.com

The posters of Toulouse Lautrec at
the San Diego Museum of Art.
http://www.sdmart.org/lautrec/index.html

Find out if a site is 'down for
everyone or just me?. Thanks, Josh.
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
http://web-sniffer.net/

The Register of Copyrights.
http://www.faqs.org/copyright/

How do you know if you have a
Wrong Diagnosis?
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/

If you grow it, they will eat it.
http://bit.ly/dgpxX6

A digital form of provenance, perhaps.
http://www.stickybits.com/

But what do we call ourselves?
http://bit.ly/9dotzQ

Journalistic exploration of climate change.
http://theclimatedesk.org/

Create interactive visualizations
and publish them to the web.
http://www.tableausoftware.com/

You deserve, and can afford,
a top-notch education.
http://bit.ly/bqcPxd
http://www.oercommons.org/
http://selfmadescholar.com/b/
http://academicearth.org/
http://p2pu.org/
http://cnx.org/

Starting to say 'Yes'.
http://fivefullplates.com/?p=1126

Peggy Dembicer's fiber and bead work.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dembicer/

Five women. Five mothers. Five writers.
http://fivefullplates.com/

How rich are you?
http://www.globalrichlist.com/

End of Section Four.

We welcome all comments, suggestions, or
criticism.  The form doesn't access your
email client (it's a CGI form), so your
privacy is assured.  If you know of a
website that would be a good candidate
for this ezine, please pass it on via
our online feedback form.
http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html

Section Five by Don.

There's an old song I love named 'Blues Stay Away
From Me'.  I learned it from another fellow who
told me it was a Bob Wills song but I think he
was wrong because I've been unable to locate a
copy of the song performed by Bob Wills.  It was
written, or at least copyrighted, in 1949 by the
Delmore Brothers.  Soon after that Eddie Crosby,
Bing's brother, made a hit of it.  Since then
it's been recorded by dozens of artists.  On
this page, from Amazon.com, you can see the first
of 102 recorded versions they list (on 3 pages).
http://tinyurl.com/24tkvnj
Number 1 on the list is, of course, the Delmore
Brothers version.  My favorite versions however
are #47 by the Sisters of Sheynville (a Klezmer
band no less!) and, on page 2, #77 by Asleep
at the Wheel.  On the left side of the column,
in these listings, is a little square black
button with a white triangle inside it, like
an arrow, pointing to the right.  If you click
on that little button you can hear a brief clip
of the recorded version listed to its right.

Here's a little history on the Delmore Brothers.
http://www.delmorebrothers.net/
http://www.nativeground.com/delmorebrothers.asp

A nice site for guitar teachers, students or
enthusiasts.   http://communityguitar.com/

Scenario:  Your hard drive is full, so you've
got to buy another one but how can you recover
the information from it to put on the new one?
Here's one possible solution.
http://www.clonezilla.org/

This is a movie you might enjoy if you've the patience
to watch (or download) it.  Patent Absurdity:
how software patents broke the system.
http://patentabsurdity.com/

Bones are unsafe for your dog.
http://tinyurl.com/2at5tps [fda dot gov]

How you can avoid having evil stuff get into your computer.
http://tinyurl.com/2bphss [wikihow dot com]

One day back in 2006 I said to Lisa 'What do you call a
group of computer nerds'  She responded 'I don't know, what
do you call them' and I quipped 'A google of geeks'.  A few
days later she presented me with some appropriate art work.
So, this is something of a flashback but here they are
again, 'A google of geeks'.
http://www.don-guitar.com/pni/googlegeeks.png

As 'Cloud Computing' becomes more and more the order of the
day, online mail services will become more and more popular.
Google's gmail is probably the biggest and best but the
free version of FastMail isn't too bad either.
http://www.fastmail.fm/mail/personal.html

The Savvy Senior.   http://savvysenior.org/

New Zealand's bugs. http://soilbugs.massey.ac.nz/gallery.php

Contrary to popular rumor, facebook won't be charging folks
for their services.  It's just another example of FUD.
http://tinyurl.com/yzf8ko8 [allfacebook dot com]

What is FUD?  Fear uncertainty and doubt.  Google the term
if you want to learn more but it's a bring-your-lunch topic,
by which I mean it's going to keep you busy for a while.

Standards is currently 'the big buzzword' in computer
circles and these folks are a sort of clearinghouse on the
topic.   http://www.consortiuminfo.org/

You can publish your own book.
http://www.lulu.com/
http://www.iuniverse.com/
http://www2.xlibris.com/

Who knew Rock and Roll was dying?
http://www.projectsaverockandroll.com/

If you're making a road trip in your old car (who can afford
a new car these days?) you need to check a few things on
(or have them checked) before you go.  Here's some lists.
http://www.samarins.com/longtrip/index.html
http://tinyurl.com/njybd3 [ehow dot com]
http://tinyurl.com/29j6pt6 wikihow dot com]

End of Section Five.

Archives for this ezine are available online here:
//www.freelists.org/archives/donspatch/

The current issue is also available on our website.
http://www.don-guitar.com/currentissue.html

RSS feed is available via this link.
//www.freelists.org/archives/donspatch/feed.rss

Section Six by Lisa.

The US Pharmacopeia, lots of good
information for consumers.
http://www.usp.org/

Generators of all kinds.
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-bein.php

Recovering the music suppressed
by the Third Reich.
http://www.orelfoundation.org/

An ancient art, Shadow Puppetry.
http://bit.ly/2HBxVP
http://www.shadow-puppets.com/
http://bit.ly/18n8nh

Only good news.
http://www.tonic.com/

100 years of illustration and design.
http://bit.ly/11CztD

Norman Rockwell's 'not-so-secret' method
of realistic portraiture. http://bit.ly/boSBI0

While checking out this intriguing-sounding
book;  http://amzn.to/9fbWr6
I found Douglas Merrill, a fascinating man.
http://otherendofsunset.blogspot.com/

The secrets of adulthood.
http://www.secretsofadulthood.com/

Find a Goodwill store near you.
http://locator.goodwill.org/

Charles Parks, sculptor.
http://www.charlesparks.com/index.html

The gift of a lifetime.
http://www.organtransplants.org/

Ethical work and life learning.
http://www.businessballs.com/

Understanding obsessive/compulsive disorders.
http://understanding_ocd.tripod.com/

Just because it's beautiful.
http://trouvais.com/

Build a public social profile.
http://bit.ly/95QM97

An interesting healing diet.
http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/

Anarctic research stations.
http://bit.ly/cvwxm4

End of Section Six.

The Linux Corner.

Free and Open Source Software for health care.
http://jeiwou.notlong.com [h-online dot com]

Linux learning resources.   http://lowfatlinux.com/

Junior High students in Monza, Italy build their own
Ubuntu computers.   http://stop.zona-m.net/node/106

Linux resources from makeuseof dot com.
Video editor.   http://tinyurl.com/ylddfkq
Guide to Ubuntu Repositories and Package Management.
http://snipurl.com/vvp27
Jolicloud: An OS for netbooks.
http://bit.ly/boHinL

Typing non-English characters in Linux.
http://snipurl.com/vvp4a   [3till7 dot net]

A Little Humor.

From our 'other brother' Bill (Beeyil) Lanoue.

Exercise for people over 50

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface,
where you have plenty of room at each side

With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms
straight out from your sides and hold them there as long
as you can.   Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for
just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags.
Then try 50-lb potato bags and then eventually try to get
to where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand
and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.
(I'm at this level.)

After you feel confident at that level,
put a potato in each bag.

---

I snagged this from the Dec 31, 2007, Digest #2392 of
my sister Jo-Ann Burton's [sharinglinks] publicaton.

An old, tired-looking dog wandered into the yard.  I could
tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home.
He followed me into the house, down the hall, and fell
asleep in a corner. An hour later, he went to the door,
and I let him out.

The next day he was back, resumed his position  in the
hall, and slept for an hour.  This continued for several
weeks.

Curious, I pinned a note to his collar: 'Every afternoon
your dog comes to my house for a nap.'

The next day he arrived with a different note pinned to
his collar: 'He lives in a home with ten children; he's
trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him
tomorrow?'

Tips for This Issue.

Computer energy saving tips.
http://tinyurl.com/nbek79 [ghacks dot net]

Keeping your computer free of evil stuff.
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Spyware/index.php?p=733

A collection of computer tips.
http://www.itexpressions.com/computertips.shtml

A few good Windows tips.
http://www.samroitman.com/tips.html

Barry is a computer-literate guy.  This is his blog.
http://www.barrysbestblog.com/

The Windows tips on this page are as relevent to Windows 7
as they were to Windows 95.  I don't know whether or not
that's true of the Mac tips.
http://www.saugus.net/Photos/tips.shtml

Contributions From Our Readers.
Links from readers are always
welcome and you can even write
your own link descriptions if you
like (just tell me when you send
them if that's what you intended).
Guidelines are available here:
http://www.don-guitar.com/descriptivetext.html

From our web-sibling Jo-Ann (Jo) Burton:

Colonel-in-Chief Sir Nils Olav is a memorable, um, Penguin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nils_Olav
http://www.edinburghzoo.org.uk/animals/SirNilsOlav.html

Who's up for some origami? http://www.pem.org/sites/origami/

The man of 100 voices, twice (making 200 voices).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcl_FjicM9k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2krVT5R9PQ

A celebration of oddities.   http://www.crookedbrains.net/

American Mustache Institute.
http://www.americanmustacheinstitute.org/Default.aspx

Smithsonian magazine's photo of the day.
http://tinyurl.com/24ox83n

Archaeology dot org.   http://www.archaeology.org/

It's all about reality TV.   http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/

Girl eats world (a very nice blog).
http://www.nygirleatsworld.com/ny_girl_eats_world/

This is awful. I hope it's a spoof.
http://www.undoboy.com/flashSite/whopperettes/index.html

Dog art blog.   http://dreamdogsart.typepad.com/art/

Women in the bible.   http://www.womeninthebible.net/

An interesting wikipedia page on calendars.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_calendars

From Australia, Wilson's Almanac.
http://www.wilsonsalmanac.com/index.html

From our web-sibling Tony Bromeland.  This page, from the
Internet Tourbus, offers practical, simple advice on how
to protect your computer online  (I hated the floating ad
but the info is good).  http://internettourbus.com/vp101.htm

From our web-sibling Vinette (Vi) DePhillipe.  Ed W.
'Too Tall' Freeman was a true American hero.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Freeman

From our web-sibling Norm Koedkritz.

If you've bought a new lawn mower (riding or other) you may
be eligible for a cash settlement from a class action
lawsuit.   https://lawnmowerclass.com/

Ah, the good old days of television.
http://www.oldiestelevision.com/

From our 'other brother' Bill (Beeyil) Lanoue.

( Bill's blog http://ncvietvet.blogspot.com/ )

The Phoronix Test Suite is usable with just about any OS
(Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD, Solaris) which has PHP installed.
http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/

From our web-sibling John Lepse.

( John's blog: http://hucknjim.blogspot.com/ )
Last word, from Lisa:

Type in the title of a book you enjoyed and This site
will provide you with a list of similar books.
http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/index.php

Solving crossword puzzles.
http://tinyurl.com/23os8kb [howstuffworks dot com]

A nice how-to site for wannabe geeks.
http://www.howtogeek.com/

From our web-Dutch-Uncle Roy (Grandpa Thorny) Thorn.

Big Brutus:  A truly monstrous earth moving machine. [The
site is down as I type this but I'm hoping it's not a
permanent failure as it was ok yesterday]
http://www.bigbrutus.org/
Just in case the site isn't back when you get this, here's
an alternative.   http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2104

PrimoPDF enables you to create PDF documents (adobe reader
must be installed on system).  http://www.primopdf.com/

'Carry coals to Newcastle':  I've heard the phrase, never
knew what it meant until Thorny used it so I looked it up.
http://tinyurl.com/2adeqal [phrases dot org dot uk]

Thank you Jo, Tony, Vi, Norm, Bill, John and Thorny.

Last word, from Lisa:

The last two weeks have seen a very unusual side of
Texas.  Sufficient rain and cool temperatures have
combined to make this a spectacular wildflower year.
Usually by now, the first of May, it's pretty hot
and folks start talking about rain.  We haven't had
to use air conditioning yet, but that's just a couple
of days away.

As to our lives, we've had no exciting 'adventures' and
are enjoying that, too.  That's what we wish for you,
our readers; a beautiful Spring and a few days or weeks
with very few surprises.  It could happen.

'Til next time,

Lisa

Our feedback form and contact info:
http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html

Lisa on...

myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/81825549

facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Lisa-Miller/100000537499890

blogger:
http://thedirtgoddess.blogspot.com/

google buzz.
http://www.google.com/profiles/101326359135790262301

Don on...

myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/donguitar

facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Don-Crowder/1321324044

twitter:
http://twitter.com/eldergeek

blogger:
http://don-guitar.blogspot.com/

google buzz.
http://www.google.com/profiles/dondashguitar

Don Crowder and Lisa Miller
Saturday, May 1, 2010
12:10 AM CST - Buchanan Lake Village, Texas, USA
Served by the U.S. Post Office
in Tow (rhymes-with-cow), Texas

Privacy:  We will never share, sell, or
otherwise compromise your email address.

Privacy Policy on our website.
http://www.don-guitar.com/privacy.html

Freelists.org Privacy Policy.
//www.freelists.org/privacy.html

The most important people on the Internet, for you and
I as computer users, are software developers.  The world's
coolest computer, without software, is like a car without
fuel.  It might look great, but what can it do?
It doesn't matter who produces the software you love
and use regularly, the developers of that software
need and deserve your support.

A bit of advice from Internet veteran Bayard J. Fox:

New computer users are often in awe of the things you can
get without cost on the Internet. There can be hidden
costs for the unwary. Use a 'throw away' email address to
register, and be constantly on guard against giving away
personal information. Use a firewall, and provide only
the barest minimum of information on questionnaires.

The Internet:  A Weapon of Mass Construction.