[donspatch] 2005-09-01

  • From: "Don Crowder" <guitarman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Don's Patch" <donspatch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:04:32 -0500

Don's Patch Issue #2005-09-01 from http://www.don-guitar.com

Reader David Fekete has acquired a number of gmail invitations
and has generously offered them to my readers.  Gmail is the
email service offered by Google which is still, officially, being
tested.  You can read about it here:
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/about.html
Gmail can be accessed online but pop3 service is also offered.
This means you can check your gmail with your onboard email
client (i.e. Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Pegasus, etc.).
If you'd like to have a gmail account of your own, contact me
via my feedback form, listed below, leave a valid return email
address, and type "gmail invitation request" into the subject
line.  I'll forward your request to David and, while they last, he'll
send a gmail invitation to the address you've supplied.

Remember, your input is always welcome.  I value your suggestions
and comments, and I'm always willing to help you find answers to
your computer and Internet questions.

My feedback form: http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

If you have a google email (gmail) identity, you might find google's
instant messenger to be a cool tool.   http://www.google.com/talk/

Here's another service offered by google, for the scholarly inclined.
http://scholar.google.com/

A good place to find fonts.   http://www.1001fonts.com/index.html

Ancient Inventions.
http://www.smith.edu/hsc/museum/ancient_inventions/hsclist.htm

Anger Central is a web site dedicated to ranting and raving at everything
that (makes us angry) in our daily lives.  Parental guidance suggested.
http://www.angry.net/

An online review of the arts edited by Louis Torres & Michelle Marder
Kamhi.   http://www.aristos.org/

Teachers with a musical attitude.  http://www.bananaslugstringband.com/

A site for aspiring Fantasy and Science Fiction writers as well as readers,
if they aren't too choosy *grin* (because some of the writers are
beginners).
http://www.bewilderingstories.com/

A gardening blog.   http://can-u-dig-it.blogspot.com/

Movie critics.   http://www.bigscreen.com/

A Canadian teachers resource.   http://www.canteach.ca/index.html

A computer app that can help you manage your check book and home
expenses.   http://www.banana.ch/banana4/eng/bc4_cashbook.shtml

A Chinese religious group/movement/cult.
http://clearwisdom.net/emh/
http://www.religioustolerance.org/falungong3.htm

Each time you visit this website, or refresh the page, an entirely new
home page is created.  http://www.strangebanana.com/generator.aspx

An interesting collection of fruit facts.   http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/
Mark Rieger's Fruit Crop.   http://www.uga.edu/fruit/

I've no idea why they call themselves Deep Banana Blackout but
I liked some of their music.   http://snipurl.com/h6yf

Website for court TV.   http://www.courttv.com/

Advancing global human rights.   http://democracyctr.org/

A virtual archeology exploration of the Maya, Aztec, and Inca world.
http://www.mintmuseum.org/digit/index.htm

The Economic Policy Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank that
seeks to broaden the public debate about strategies to achieve a
prosperous and fair economy.   http://www.epinet.org/

Game lovers who also possess a technical streak should enjoy
Enemy Down.   http://www.enemydown.co.uk/

A few resources for English students.   http://www.englishbanana.com/

Artist Eric T. Claridge.   http://www.ericclaridge.com/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

This publication is only mailed to verified double opt-in subscribers,
and is brought to you by me, Don Crowder, my wife, Lisa Miller,
and //www.freelists.org

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

A growing collection of high quality information.   http://www.faqts.com/

Farmers' Almanac TV.   http://farmersalmanactv.com/

A few nice fonts.
http://www.larabiefonts.com/
http://www.pizzadude.dk/freefonts.php

Assorted home town info.   http://gazetteer.hometownlocator.com/index.cfm

A virtual organization that carries out initiatives in education, research
and
practice, in the spheres of environment, urban, community, economy
and information.   http://www.gdrc.org/

Girls who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty.
http://www.nyu.edu/classes/mcgee/digit/

Gravity, in many ways, is the simplest of all known forces.
http://users.whsmithnet.co.uk/paulbird/gravbook/

A personal web site that's gotten out way of hand; a huge, labyrinthine and
delightfully overgrown compendium of knowledge about New Orleans and
Louisiana cuisine and culture, and lots of other fun and fabulous stuff.
http://www.gumbopages.com/

Serving the interests of the space community.
http://www.habitablezone.com/

Yes, but are you happy right now?
http://www.lsa.umich.edu/psych/news/department/news/?id=140

A learning site from Harcourt School Publishers.
http://www.harcourtschool.com/

A candid look at books and the book industry.
http://www.holtuncensored.com/

Larger-than-life roadside attractions from around the world.
http://www.wlra.us/

Carolyn (Hugs) Shaw's kitchen.   http://www.hugs.org/

Rename the icons on your Windows desktop.
http://www.iconico.com/desktopRenamer/

Disguising your email address and/or other sensitive data on your website.
http://automaticlabs.com/products/enkoderform/
http://www.iconico.com/emailProtector/

IT (Internet Technology) World.   http://www.itworld.com/

Bond, James Bond (007).   http://www.mi6.co.uk/mi6.php3

Some very interesting articles written by students.
http://jscms.jrn.columbia.edu/cns/2005-05-03

I've no idea what this is, it just looked interesting.
http://kapsules.shellscape.org/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

At the time this issue was posted, the current
subscriber count for this publication was 292.

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

This issue's collection of news/magazine/informational sites
(these are chosen for maximum diversity regardless of "spin" ).
http://www.prospect.org/web/index.ww
http://www.aintitcool.com/
http://www.astronomy.com/asy/default.aspx
http://www.austinchronicle.com/
http://www.citypaper.com/
http://www.baltimoresun.com/
http://www.city-journal.org/
http://www.azcentral.com/
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/
http://www.danielpipes.org/
http://www.dig-itmag.com/index.php
http://www.digonsite.com/
http://www.digitmag.co.uk/
http://www.enterstageright.com/
http://www.eye.net/
http://www.firstthings.com/index.html
http://www.forward.com/
http://www.hometownnews.com/
http://www.hometownannapolis.com/
http://www.chron.com/
http://www.inthesetimes.com/
http://www.jsonline.com/
http://www.leaderu.com/index.html
http://marketingplaybook.com/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

A blog that's into the English language.
http://thelanguageguy.blogspot.com/

A gardening resource.   http://www.letsdigit.com/

A portal to Sri Lanka.   http://livingheritage.org/

A blog about making stuff.   http://www.makezine.com/

Some informational/educational stuff.  http://www.american.edu/TED/

Unofficial Disneyland portal.   http://www.mouseplanet.com/

Movie mistakes.   http://www.moviemistakes.com/

A view from left field.   http://www.anomalous-images.com/

The virtual reference desk.  http://www.vrd.org/index.shtml

A "tech" site for kids.   http://www.4kids.org/

In the last issue I mentioned that the Internet Public Library has a new
look.  I've since discovered that they also have assembled some special
collections on the following topics:   Reference, Exhibits, Especially For
Librarians, Magazines And Serials, Newspapers, Online Texts, Web
Searching,  Teens, and Youth.  http://www.ipl.org.ar/

A mini-feature on bubbles.
http://www.bubbleblowers.com/
http://bubbles.org/
http://www.exploratorium.edu/ronh/bubbles/bubbles.html
http://www.zurqui.co.cr/crinfocus/bubble/bubble.html
http://scifun.chem.wisc.edu/HomeExpts/SOAPBUBL.html
(a bubble applet)  http://java.sun.com/applets/other/Bubbles/
(online bubble game)  http://www.ebaumsworld.com/bubbles.html
(another, better)  http://absolutist.com/online/bubbles/
(another similar)  http://www.addictinggames.com/bubbles.html
(fancy but slow)   http://www.neopets.com/games/faeriebubbles.phtml
(a learning game)   http://www.typingmaster.com/individuals/bubbles.asp
A bubbles portal.   http://www.cln.org/themes/bubbles.html
Two interesting personal sites that use bubbles in their names.
http://bouncy-bubbles.net/
http://www.bubblessoc.net/

Fun engineering-related hands-on activities from the National Engineers
Week Committee.   http://www.sme.org/memb/neweek/hpact.htm

Here's a relatively large (download is over three megs) image utility that
we learned about by attending the Highland Lakes Computer Club's
Digital Graphics group meeting.  The application has lots of very nice
features.  It's called Picassa.   http://picasa.google.com/download/

Ploughshares (a literary journal).   http://www.pshares.org/index.cfm

Not-exactly-a-blog and very interesting, from R. J. Keefe.
http://www.portifex.com/

Back when I had Windows 3.11 my favorite game was Tetris.  I found
a copy of that game on this site.   http://www.alex-soft.net/

A number of interesting online games.
http://sallini.com/games/
http://games.net4tv.com/games4tv/

Extraordinary stories found in ordinary places.
http://www.radiodiaries.org/

Some DOS utilities.   http://home.earthlink.net/~rmbox/Reticulated/Toys.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

If you'd like to help promote this non-commercial publication, please
forward this ezine to anyone you know who might appreciate it.
To spare them the forwarding carets (>>>>these things) I suggest
you copy/paste the ezine to a new email window, or save the
ezine as a text file to be inserted, or copy/pasted to a new email.

If you've received this publication as a forward and wish to subscribe
you may easily do so from online forms in these two locations:
http://www.don-guitar.com/subsmanager.html
//www.freelists.org/list/donspatch

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

A mini-feature on the word "Scalar".
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Scalar.html
http://scalar.sourceforge.net/
http://www.greatdreams.com/scalar.htm
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/vsca.html
http://www.prahlad.org/pub/bearden/scalar_wars.htm
http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/gbssci/phys/Class/1DKin/U1L1b.html

A mini-feature on the island of Ambergriz Caye in the nation of Belize.
http://ambergriscaye.com/museum/digit.html
http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/medicine.html
http://ambergriscaye.com/fieldguide/index.html
http://ambergriscaye.com/museum/rom2.html
http://ambergriscaye.com/anniversary/index.html
http://belizebreeze.com/basiljones/basiljonesmayruins.htm

Scenario:   A friend of yours gets a new computer and goes online
for a few days (weeks, months) without any sort of security apps,
and then wants you to fix all the problems that have accumulated.
Ouch, what should you do?   The wisest choice might be to insist
they take it to a computer shop but if you're going to try and get
into it anyway, here's what I suggest.  First, get a "throw away"
email address.  By that, I mean one you can use for a few days
while you're working and may need to register for one or another
service.  Your friend can keep the address if they like, but needn't
feel obligated to do so.  There are a lot of places where such an
address can be found; here's a place to start.   http://www.fepg.net/
Now you can use the new email identity to register for one or more
of these online AV scanners.  The first two are my choice.
http://www.trendmicro.com/spyware-scan/
One of more of the following may also be good, rely on your
own discretion for these.
http://onlinescan.avast.com/
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html
http://old.antivir.ru/english/www_av/
http://snipurl.com/h89s
http://www.ewido.net/en/onlinescan/
http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner
http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/default.asp
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/
http://www.securewall.co.uk/Testingzone/OnlineAntiVirusTesting.htm
http://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan/
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/home.asp
http://snipurl.com/h89n
After you've completed online scans and are reasonably sure the
system is free of "evil stuff", get some security installed.
Here's what I recommend (but there are other choices).
http://www.grisoft.com/doc/40/lng/ww
http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml
Here are three more apps which are very highly
recommended by wiser heads than mine.
http://snipurl.com/djl9
http://snipurl.com/4jjg

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

My feedback form: http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html

I welcome all comments, suggestions, or criticism.   The form
doesn't access your email client (it's a CGI form), so your
privacy is assured.

If you know of a website that would be a good candidate for this
ezine, please pass it on via our online feedback form (link above).

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

A mini-feature on bananas.
http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/banana.html
http://www.bananamuseum.com/
http://www.american.edu/projects/mandala/TED/banana.htm
http://www.bananalink.org.uk/
http://www.banana.com/
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/banana.html
http://www.chiquita.com/
http://www.inibap.org/
http://www.eatmorebananas.com/
http://r0.unctad.org/infocomm/anglais/banana/sitemap.htm
http://www.cbea.org/
http://www.recipesource.com/side-dishes/jams/00/rec0003.html

The National Museum of American History.
http://americanhistory.si.edu/

The Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5.
http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/lurker.html

For executive moms.  http://www.bluesuitmom.com/

Institutions which have their own unique agenda have become
as American as apple pie but I don't always know how to describe
them. Anyway, here's a couple.
http://www.cato.org/index.html
http://www.closertotruth.com/

Selected writings from Dr. David L. Goodstein, Ph.D. of Caltech.
http://www.its.caltech.edu/~dg/articles.html

A few days ago I watched this place get robbed (in a movie).
http://www.newyorkfed.org/

Whatever happened to Green Stamps?
http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mgreenstamps.html

Devoted to past gymnastic stars.   http://www.gymnasticgreats.com/

Jason Kottke's blog.   http://www.kottke.org/

Marc Robinson's personal website.   http://www.kcnet.com/~marc/index.html

Botany in the greater New York City Metropolitan Area.
http://www.nynjctbotany.org/

The Writings of Professor Robert M. Young.   http://snipurl.com/h90e

An online tool for setting the scrollbar color of a webpage.
http://www.iconico.com/CSSScrollbar/

For buyers and/or sellers of photographs.   http://www.shutterpoint.com/

A (software) patch can be an upgrade (adding increased features), a bug fix,
a new hardware driver or update to address new issues such as security or
stability problems.  Keeping up with them can be difficult.  This site might
be helpful.   http://www.softwarepatch.com/index.html

I've written a couple of reviews for this site.  "When I have time" I'd like
write a few more.   http://www.freewareplanet.org/index.html

Whether you call it Mah Jongg, Taipei, or use one of the many other
alternate names or spellings, it's a very popular game available from
a large number of places.  This page is so large that the Internet
Explorer will probably time out (on dial up connections) before the
images are all loaded but if the description sounds interesting and
you'd like to see the image, right click on the "missing image" icon
inside the empty box where the image is supposed to be, and select
"Show Picture" from the context menu (this applies to Windows
systems).  The image will then load.  Firefox doesn't time out, it just
"hangs in there" until all the images are loaded.
http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/windows.html

Soul food recipes.   http://www.chitterlings.com/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Archives for this ezine are available online here:
//www.freelists.org/archives/donspatch/

The current issue is also available on my website.
http://www.don-guitar.com/currentissue.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

A mini-feature on the web's favorite lawman.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio
http://www.snopes.com/crime/deserts/pink.asp
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/m/miracopjail.htm
http://www.mcso.org/submenu.asp?file=aboutsheriff&page=1
http://www.azconservative.org/arpaio_intimidation.htm
http://azplace.net/?itemid=46
http://www.boingboing.net/2002/01/05/sheriff_joe_arpaio_t.html
http://www.cavecreek.info/commentary/joearpaio.cfm
http://www.azconservative.org/D22_shuns_Arpaio.htm
http://snipurl.com/h9z4
http://snipurl.com/h9yt
http://www.reelectjoe.com/
http://www.arpaio.com/
http://www.newcriminologist.co.uk/news.asp?id=-1706423418
http://www.pww.org/article/articleview/4786/1/148/
http://snipurl.com/h9z5
http://snipurl.com/h9z2
http://www.prisonplanet.com/archives/arpaio/
http://snipurl.com/h9yz
http://snipurl.com/h9z3
http://snipurl.com/h9zz
http://www.sierratimes.com/03/09/01/article_whackstack.htm

Having recently seen a new variant on the email that asks us to
boycott foreign oil, I thought you might enjoy reading this page.
http://breakthechain.org/exclusives/foreignoil.html

A site for Beatles lovers.   http://www.stevesbeatles.com/

Dr Hook and the Medicine Show.  I liked their music, but these were
some strange looking fellows.  http://www.sylviasmother.com/main.htm

A good site for teachers.  http://teachers.net/

Cold hearted television reviews.   http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/

The Lower East Side Tenement Museum.   http://www.tenement.org/

This blog-like site is about text messaging and how cell phones are
being used around the world.  http://www.textually.org/

The Judaism Site.   http://torah.org/

A health and nutrition site from Tufts University of Medford, MA.
http://healthletter.tufts.edu/

Jeralyn Merritt's blog.   http://talkleft.com/

For viewers of British television comedies.   http://www.phill.co.uk/

U. S. Highways.   http://www.us-highways.com/

Whatever happened to (celebrity of your choice) and where are
they now?   http://www.weht.net/

An online art exhibition that combines elements of
design, typography, game interface, animation and
traditional painting.   http://www.yadigit.org/

Yes, but is it art?
http://www.allthingsmike.com/IsItArtGallery/index.html

 Information about media and children, for parents and caregivers,
professionals, students and researchers.
http://www.youngmedia.org.au/index.htm

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Websites Everyone Should Know About.

These aren't sponsors, they're the best of Internet
publications and I highly recommend them all.

http://askTCL.com
http://www.langa.com
http://www.tourbus.com
http://www.lockergnome.com
http://www.neatnettricks.com
http://www.scotsnewsletter.com
http://www.tricksandtrinkets.com
http://marylaine.com/neatnew.html

======== Reader Contributions =========

Irving Stein has been a reader, friend and frequent contributor since
May of 2002.  Irv has all sorts of interesting information on his
website.   http://www.irvings-info-page.cityslide.com/
He's also (sigh) an email forwarding junkie who's such a nice guy
that it's difficult to "get on his case" about it.  Every so often I roll
up my virtual newspaper and swat him a good one.  Then I feel
guilty for a week or two but we both get over it and he's gotten
smarter over the years and will often send a web link instead of
a graphics intense email.  For example, he recently sent me this
link to a site that's chock full of forwarded-email-type goodies.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/singingman7/index.html
Irv spends a lot of time helping people.  Here's a quote from
his website.  "(I have been participating in www.allexperts.com for
about three years. I've answered more than 2,650 questions in the
category of Computers/Windows 98; I am listed under the expert
name of Irving S. (U may ask me a question by visiting
www.allexperts.com and I shall try my best to give U a clear,
concise response)."

Here's a couple of links sent in by reader John Lepse.
The Freecycle Network is a grassroots movement of people who are
giving (& getting) stuff (without cost) in their own towns.
http://www.freecycle.org/
A soldier's mother's blog.   http://somesoldiersmom.blogspot.com/

Reader and friend Patrick Barden, who's sent in occasional links
since early in 2003, was very annoyed to have been "taken in" by
one of those email hoaxes that makes the rounds every so often.
Honestly, some of them sound so plausible, but you just have to
take the time to check them out.  Patrick did, after he'd already
forwarded it, and sent an embarrassed follow up email.  Not to
worry Patrick, I've been taken in more than a few times myself
*grin* and I always send an embarrassed follow up email too.
Here's the hoax that Patrick temporarily fell for.
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/l/lockedcardoor.htm
http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp
http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/phonelocks.html

February 15 of 2002 was my first issue of Phil McKinney's ezine.
In the March 15th issue I published the first links contributed by
Vinette DePhillippe.  Vi recently asked me to help her figure out
how to delete some files she neither needed nor wanted but which
were, somehow, being protected by her Windows XP Operating
System.  Here's a couple of interesting links I found while I was
trying to assist her with this problem.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320081
http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/howto-delete-xp.html
Just for grins, I checked those links from Vi, which I mentioned
at the beginning of this paragraph, and they're still good.  Here
they are again.   This site features useful items you can print.
http://www.printfree.com/index.htm
This site offers three Knitware demo programs.
http://www.islandnet.com/knitware/download.htm
Everything you ever wanted to know about sewing needles.
http://www.sizes.com/tools/needles.htm
And the main page of the site offers a huge collection
of "real world" information about a long list of topics.
http://www.sizes.com/indexes.htm
Rose's Knits offers a few free patterns and some (costless)ware.
http://www.roses-knits.com/FreeStuff.html
A large and interesting craft patterns site.
http://www.freecraftz.com/artistsclub.html

Irv, John, Patrick, and Vinette; thank you so very much for being
my friends, readers, and contributors.

============== Humor =============

"I recently turned fifty, which is young for a tree, mid-life for an
elephant,
and ancient for a quarter miler whose son now says "Dad, I just can't run
with you anymore unless I bring something to read." - Bill Cosby

More of the same here:   http://www.witandwisdom.org/

============== Tips ===============

A computer help forum.   http://www.computerbb.org/

An informational resource.   http://www.pcplus.co.uk/

=================================

A few years ago, not long after I started writing the maxpatch ezine,
I got an email from a reader who thanked me for, to paraphrase,
 "sticking to business without a lot of superfluous babble".
Other readers, including my wife,  have commented that the occasional
glimpses of a "real person" in my writing is one of the things they most
enjoy about this ezine.   What seems to work for me is to just be myself
and keep a lid on the most of the babble but there are times when I really
want to babble.  I've found a solution to that dilemma.  On those
occasions when I feel "chatty" I'll direct you to a page on our website
where I permit myself to wax loquacious.  Mind you, this isn't a blog.
I don't get blogs.  Nope, not me.
http://www.don-guitar.com/babbleon.html

See you next time.

Don Crowder - Wednesday, August 31, 2005

2:50 PM CST - Tow, TX, USA

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Privacy:  I will never share, sell, or
otherwise compromise your email address.

Privacy Policy on my website.
http://www.don-guitar.com/privacy.html

Freelists.org Privacy Policy.
//www.freelists.org/privacy.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

The most important people on the Internet, for you and I as computer
users, are software developers.  The world's coolest computer, without
software, is like a car without fuel.  It might look great, but what
can it do?  It doesn't matter who produces the software you love and
use regularly, the developers of that software need your support.

A bit of advice from Internet veteran Bayard J. Fox:

New computer users are often in awe of the things you can get without
cost on the Internet.  There can be hidden costs for the unwary. Use a
"throw away" email address to register, and be constantly on guard
against giving away personal information.  Use a firewall, and provide
only the barest minimum of information on questionnaires.

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

This is a reader-supported publication.   You can show your support by
making a contribution in any amount you choose:
http://www.don-guitar.com/donations.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª