[dokuwiki] Re: view page source button

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 15:49:28 +0200

Chris Smith writes:

Should there be a simple mechanism for disabling the view source button?

This is something that has been mentioned from time to time in the past - and again recently on plugin:sql at splitbrain.

Pages for which the viewer has readonly access will show a view source button. In some cases that isn't desirable, in the case of the sql plugin, it would reveal the user id and password used to access the database.

I can think of some methods to disable it:

- config option, which would disable view source for the whole wiki.
- an additional ACL level, read with view source, that would fit between read and edit.
- modified tpl_button('edit') and tpl_actionlink('edit') functions to allow the view source button to be turned off from the template.
- generate an event around button creation and allow plugins to modify buttons. I like this method the least, but after the config option installing a preset plugin is most likely the easiest way for a wiki admin to alter the behaviour of his/her wiki.

I thought about this my self recently but I'd like to go one step further, I want to be able to disable any action (eg. I want to disallow viewing recent changes)

My suggestion:

$conf['disableaction'] = 'source, recent'

However currently view source is an instance of 'edit' with missing edit right, so there are some more changes needed. So we will need a combination of point 1 and 3 of your suggestions.