[dokuwiki] Re: useslash and full path in links

  • From: Ben Coburn <btcoburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 09:43:32 -0700

On Jun 30, 2007, at 00:14, Andreas Gohr wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 22:56:55 -0400
"Oliver Schulze L." <oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ben Coburn wrote:
The "use slashes" option only changes how URLs are generated. The
syntax remains the same.
Ahh, I understand now.

This is not a bug. Consider what would happen to an existing wiki
if this option changed the syntax.... After switching this option,
you would have to edit MANY pages in the wiki just to make them
render correctly!
As I see, the useslashes enables a new syntax mode, but do not
replace the original syntax.
So, what I was spected is that both syntax works at the same time.

That's correct. The slash should work as namespace separator when
useslash is enabled. Please submit a bug report about the intial
problem.

The useslash option does indeed allow slashes to be used in internal wiki links. (Even though I use this option I never noticed that it affected the syntax. This could be documented more visibly... somewhere it would not confuse users.) It works here when I tested it on the current development version and last tagged release.

Regards, Ben Coburn