[dokuwiki] Re: tokenizer_cmd in indexer

  • From: TNHarris <telliamed@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 19:00:24 -0400

On 03/18/2011 08:16 AM, Andreas Gohr wrote:

I just noticed a new config option to specify an external tool for
tokenizing pages when indexing them[1]. Did we ever discuss that?

I'm not sure what it's good for (maybe Asian languages?), but I think
this would be better placed in an Action hook.

I didn't use a hook at first because using an external command isn't compatible with an internally generated index. We've since added a hook that allows plugins to force re-indexing (INDEXER_VERSION_GET), so I guess it's safe to let this be handled by a plugin.

Also, I'm thinking now that the methods in Doku_Indexer should be protected instead of private. This would make it easier to extend the class. For instance, if you wanted to change the flat-file storage to Sqlite.

--
- tom
telliamed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx