[dokuwiki] Re: static sideframe size hides index text!

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:01:21 -0500

kay Han wrote:
Hi. We have been using dokuwiki for a long time now and I have been using different "skins" or templates if you like it and I have had this issue all the time, so this is no template issue. We use the index in the sidepanel or frame of the page for browsing the wiki, and we try to put the stuff in a functional way so for example we have a page called: acne:projects:new_platform:refactoring:introduction. Well it is not hard to see that this text would be cut in half since the side panel has a limited space. I would like to make the size of the side panel as long as the longest text in it. Or another solution would to be able to pull the frame so that it resizes.

This is really an HTML problem. If the side panel is a DIV, then you can set its overflow property to scroll or auto. If it's a frame then you can set the scrolling attribute of its frame tag to scrolling = yes or auto. Either of these would give you scrollbars for your side panel.

A possibly neater solution would be to truncate the namespace string to a character width that fits inside the side panel and create a mouseover event that displays the complete namespace over top of the truncated string (as in the windows task bar).

--

Myron Turner