[dokuwiki] Re: plugin requires code modifications

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:30:33 +0100

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:55:32 -0500
"Jay Dickon Glanville" <dickon.glanville@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I was interested in installing the S5 plugin
> (http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:s5).  However, it requires a
> one-line code change, plus placing a file outside of the plugins
> directory (see http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:s5#compatibility).

The page tells you that this plugin only works with the current
development version of DokuWiki ie. will work with the *next* stable
release (whenever this may be released). Some people really wanted this
plugin in their current stable release and found that only those small
code changes where needed to make it work.

It's up to you to decide if you can wait for the next official DokuWiki
release to use the plugin or if you upgrade to a current devel release
or if you hack your stable code.

http://www.splitbrain.org