[dokuwiki] new ACL editor feedback

  • From: Jason Keltz <jas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:20:04 -0500

Hi.

I'm experimenting with the new ACL editor now and wanted to mention a few issues..

First, there seems to be a bug in that as I'm clicking on namespaces in the namespace/page selector, they don't open up to reveal the pages within. The only way I can get to the pages within a namespace is to open up the ACl editor on that page. This is almost certainly a bug. I'm using FireFox 2.0.0.9. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

The other issue is more of aesthetics. My template needs to enforce a small width on my wiki site (around 600px). The old ACL editor lived perfectly fine within this width. The new ACL editor is much larger and displays the namespace/page selector at the top, but the "Permissions for:" and help wraps down to the next line with a scroll bar for the help (since I'm guessing it is linked to the length of the namespace/page selector box), and then the ACL rules display fine at the bottom. I would really really appreciate if the ACL editor could fit within a smaller width. It might work if the "help" was beside the namespace/page selector box (with the text able to wrap on its own), and then the permissions alone underneath, but I'm not sure. This is the first issue I've had with anything inside of DW being a problme for our width. To display the new ACL editor nicely requires quite a bit of width. :(

Jason.