[dokuwiki] Re: links in <h> tags

  • From: Anika Henke <a.c.henke@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:18:18 +0100

Martin Tschofen wrote:

I just installed the latest development version and I noticed that all
<h> tags have a link wrapped around the text.

Why is that? What is the benefit of that?

That was done for stricter use of (X)HTML and more semantic code. These two "rules" apply:

a) All inline elements should be in block elements. (Admittedly the anchor was in some overall containing divs before, but not in any real context.)

b) The anchor (btw, it's not a link) was empty before. That should be avoided (although it is not an error).

Also, this way makes more sense because the anchor is definitely the anchor *of the headline*. Meaning links that link to that anchor are expected to link to the headline.

To remind you:

Before it was like this:
<a name="headline"></a>
<h1>Headline</h1>

And now like this:
<h1><a name="headline">Headline</a></h1>