[dokuwiki] Re: how to add dynamic css from a plugin ?

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 17:47:49 +0000

On 20 Mar 2008, at 16:19, Stéphane Gully wrote:

The first problem is that I'm unable to access the $renderer->meta
array from my customized hook, I don't know where I could find it.
The second problem is that I tried to do some simple "echo" in the
render method and in my customized hook method: I noticed that the
hook method is run before the render method so even though I well
populate the $renderer->meta array, I don't understand how I could
access these data in the customized hook.

Am I wrong ?

Your words not mine :)

I draw your attention back to those pages I listed before. ;)

http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:metadata#functions_to_get_and_set_metadata
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:metadata#metadata_and_plugins
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:caching#two-stage-caching

The renderer is only about when rendering happens. As far as your action plugin is concerned that could have been last week - it must use p_get_metadata(). Its described in the first link above, also check out the API docs, http://dev.splitbrain.org/reference/dokuwiki/nav.html?index.html (look for inc/parserutils, I'd paste a link but it redirects to a 403 error). You'll probably need to call it with the third parameter, render, set to true (that forces the metadata to be rendered if it doesn't exist).

- Chris