[dokuwiki] handling large tables

  • From: Andreas.Trawoeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "dokuwiki" <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:08:35 +0200

Hi!

I have the following problem where I need some advice:

I'm currently writing the documentation for a large Cisco Switch with 12
Modules with 16, 24 or 48 Ports each.

It's pretty easy to put all the port names, vlan information & cable
tagging into a table in OpenOffice and convert them to docuwiki format or
use the CSV plugin for the same purpose.

But what's the best way to edit the tables afterwards? If I plug a new
server into Module 6, Port 27 of the switch, I have to update the table at
exactly that spot.

Editing tables in Wiki Syntax is quite error prone, if tables are quite
large. But if I haven't missed anything, Dokuwiki doesn't have any support
to make edititing tables any easier.

So any suggestion, or tips how to write a template or plugin to make table
handling any easier would be welcomed.

cu andreas