[dokuwiki] geneeating .htaccess from Dokuwiki ACL

  • From: "Andreas Benzler" <benzolo@xxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 21:16:45 +0200

I am thinking about a new interisting featur I think Dokuwiki should have.
Maybe someone out there has already done something similar to the problem I
have...

Here is my scenario:
I am running Dokuwiki on a webserver secured per ssl and am using the ACL to
secure the Wiki Access. Because we get quite regular additional
documentation CD's (conference procedings, ...) with html content, I would
like to copy this content to my webserver and link to this content in my
wiki. Because I have to restrict the access to this content I would like to
use the .htaccess files to secure these folders on the server. Because
adding users to a certain group in Dokuwiki is much easier than doing that
in appache I would like to have a .htaccess file generated from the dokuwiki
acl files. Lets say only a certain dokuwiki user group can access the folder
protected by a certain .htaccess file.

It would be great if someone already have done such a job...

At the moment I am not realy into php so I am not able to do that task
myself. Because I don not have a lot of users and nearly no change in users,
it would be a start for the beginning if I could use the usernames and the
password hashes stored in the acl files and copy them by hand into the
.htaccess files. Does anyone knowes if this is feasible? Are the hashes from
dokuwiki compatible with the ones in .htaccess files?

If someone likes to work on something like