[dokuwiki] fckgLite -- Javascript sister to DokuWikiFCK

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 13:35:26 -0500

One of the developers at FCKeditor (now CKeditor) wrote to ask me if I had considered writing an HTML -> Wiki parser in pure javascript for FCKeditor/DokuWiki. The result is fckgLite. It's 'Lite' because it does not replicate all of the graphic features of the FCKeditor. Instead, it saves its documents as native DokuWiki markup.

fckgLite supports all of DokuWiki's markup except for php and html, which FCKeditor cannot deal with, and except for email-style quoting.

It is built on the DokuWikiFCK architecture and so still supports its underlying features--still supports plugins, still is tied into the DW auto-draft system, still uses DokuWiki's data/media directory for uploads.

fckgLite is incompatible with DokuWikiFCK. If you are using DokuWikiFCK, you must remove the fckg directory from the DokuWiki plugins directory before installing fckgLite.

Here are some urls for fckgLite:

http://mturner.org/dwfck/lib/plugins/fckg/fckeditor/userfiles/file/fckgLite-0.01.09-Oct_01-12_14.tar.gz

http://mturner.org/dwfck/doku.php?id=introduction#fckglite
--