[dokuwiki] Re: export entire site as html (offline-doku script)

  • From: kite <kite@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:19:34 -0800

Without looking at the make.php script at all, I'd guess you should not try and do this from the web browser using a URL.

What you are seeing is PHP being used as a shell script interpreter rather than a CGI. You should use SSH or telnet ot something (a console session of any sort) to execute this.

//IF// you can't use a shell to execute the command, you could try a PHP page to exec the command and report the output to a webpage using an exec() call in PHP. This would let me handle the case of one hosting service I use where I don't have any shell access at all, but I could FTP the output off the server after running the script.

<?PHP

exec("php make.php --verbose /path/to/your/dokuwiki/installation/
/path/where/to/export/", $output);

foreach in $output as $line {

  echo "<p>$line</p>\n";

}

?>

This is extremely simplistic as an example ONLY. I wouldn't run this as a script on my own machine.

Kite
kite@xxxxxxxxxxxx
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx

ragsman@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I have a fairly large wiki that I'd like to be able to export to an html
format so people can use it from a shared drive (no server). I found the
script offline-doku, but i can't seem to figure out how to use it.

If my wiki resides in the root of my webserver, and I place this script in
subfolder '/offlinedoku', then I want to export my site (from root) to
'/offlinedoku/data', then what would the exact path/command be after

http://localhost/offlinedoku/make.php

The help says this:
php make.php --verbose /path/to/your/dokuwiki/installation/
/path/where/to/export/

Thanks,

Ragsman