[dokuwiki] Re: event proposal : parser_text_parse

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:26:11 +0200

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:51:36 -0700
Ben Coburn <btcoburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can't think of any good usage examples at the moment, but it does
> make sense to have a hook for filtering text to be rendered for
> display. While this would be implemented as an action event, I think
> it  makes more sense to treat it as a hook for filters. This way there
> is  no default action to prevent. If we are going to add a pre-parse
> filter  it would be logical to also add a post-render filter that
> takes the  rendered output (pre-caching) and the name of the
> generating renderer.
>
> How about the these event names:
> PARSER_WIKITEXT_PREPROCESS
> and
> RENDERER_CONTENT_POSTPROCESS

I like those eventnames. Keep in mind that the renderer is mode specific
(xhtml, meta, ...) so the eventhandler needs to get info about this.

BTW: Chris, I wrote my first action plugin this week (I will put it on
wiki.splitbrain.org soon) and I was delighted how everything works.
Really good work!

http://www.splitbrain.org