[dokuwiki] Re: editsections plugin and latest dokuwiki version

  • From: Kazutaka Miyasaka <kazmiya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 12:54:47 +0900

Hi Christophe,

I'm one who wrote another version of the editsections plugin.

Section edit handlings in DokuWiki has changed in 2010/Jan and
reorganizing section edit buttons became much more difficult
than before.

However,

> II. ISSUE

> . catch the event RENDERER_CONTENT_POSTPROCESS and rewrite <!-- EDIT
> --> comments with useful values

> The first two options are bad as they introduce more processing each
> time the page is viewed.

I believe this is not true. DokuWiki caches rendered xhtml
contents AFTER the RENDERER_CONTENT_POSTPROCESS event is
triggered (i.e. p_render() is processed).

Therefore using RENDERER_CONTENT_POSTPROCESS introduce more
processing each time the page is "rendered", which is not so
problematic.

# Please see p_cached_output() in inc/parserutils.php.

> III. QUESTIONS
>
> Is there a way to implement this plugin without touching dokuwiki core ?

Please have a look at my version of editsections plugin.

  http://github.com/kazmiya/dokuwiki-plugin-editsections2/zipball/master

  * No core hack
  * Works without javascript
  * Disabling cache is not required
  * Compatible with DokuWiki 2006-11-06 - Current

Regards,
kazmiya