[dokuwiki] Re: darcs pull runs in endless loop

  • From: Sebastian Menge <sebastian.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 19:32:01 +0200

Am Sat, 16 Aug 2008 09:03:23 +0200
schrieb Oliver Geisen <oliver.geisen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > Try pulling in smaller chunks. Hit yes in a couple of patches then
> > press d. Repeat until  done.
>
> I've already done this and finally found out that i can't pull the
> following patches:
>
> Sun Aug 10 19:30:29 CEST 2008  Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>    * updated links to the DokuWiki website
>    The official wiki is now at www.dokuwiki.org
>
> Fri Aug 15 15:42:11 CEST 2008  Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>    * fixed all remaining links to wiki.splitbrain.org and to
> restructured pages
>
> If i omitt these, everything went fine.

We had a very similar problem here recently (erroneous patch that
was a blocker for some ppl)

1) problems occured only with darcs2 as client which seemed to be a bit
more sensible to "strange" patches.

2) our patch did first delete some file, then renamed something other to
that file. that got darcs(2) out of rhythm.

3) i fixed it by manually repairing the patch, to do what was intended.

There are also known problems with darcs:
https://zooko.com/darcs_demystified.html#Acknowledgements

darcs2 tries to solve them:
http://wiki.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/DarcsTwo

HTH, Sebastian.