[dokuwiki] Re: cache, NFS and edit/view out of sync

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:18:13 +0200

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:00:55 +0100
"Peter Kehl" <peter.kehl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've experienced that after editing a wiki page, 'View' mode shows
> out-of-date page, while 'Edit' mode (when clicked again) shows the
> recently submitted contents.

What happens if you reload the page in the browser using a forced reload
(shift-F5)? Do you use the blog plugin?

> Now, my dokuwiki instance has wiki/data mounted via NFS and for speed
> reasons we don't keep access times on the mounted file system. Can it
> be because timestampts in wiki/data/cache are out-of-date and
> therefore *.xhtml and *.i files don't get updated?

DokuWiki does not use access times (atime), but lastmodified times
(mtime) are used nearly everywhere - if those aren't updated on your NFS
shares this might be a real problem.

> Would putting wiki/data/cache on local filesystem help? Do I need to
> put wiki/data/meta on local FS as well?

I fear putting the cache on the local disk wouldn't be enough because
you need the timestamp of the current page as well to compare it with
the cache file.

http://www.splitbrain.org