[dokuwiki] Re: breadcrumbs "crashes" dokuwiki?

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 14:05:18 +0100

Hi,

Its likely the error is happening after the breadcrumbs. DW captures the output of the renderer to make it available for post-render processing before displaying it. If a fatal error occurs during that phase you will not see an error message even if you have display_errors set on. To see any errors you will need log_errors set to on and to view your server logs (or the specified log file).

As a first step, it is best to disable all third party plugins and to ensure you are using the DW default template. If your wiki works with those settings you can then add things back one at a time until you find the culprit.

You could also run the DW install script (somewhere separate) it has a more advanced capability check and it will report any problems with your PHP environment (e.g. missing functions required by DW).

- Chris

Luís Gois wrote:
Greetings.

Just installed dokuwiki 2007-06-26 in HPUX11i+Apache 2.0.52+PHP 4.3.8
but I can't use it. After installation, the doku.php start page is
rendered only until the breadcrumbs and it stops at "Trace:" (no
footer tool/buttonbar and images).

Pressing "Create this page" only changes this button to "Show  page".
The breadcrumbs remain as before and no footer.

This is a public wiki (ACL disabled) and chmod -R 777 for dokuwiki
folder; I'm running httpd with the user owning the dokuwiki files.

The results of "?do=check" are (if I enable ACL, "?do=check" doesn't work) :

<do=check>
DokuWiki version: Release 2007-06-26
Consider upgrading PHP to 4.3.10 or higher for security reasons (your
version: 4.3.8)
Datadir is writable
Attic is writable
Mediadir is writable
Cachedir is writable
Lockdir is writable
conf/users.auth.php is not writable
mb_string extension not available - PHP only replacements will be used
Debugging support is enabled. If you don't need it you should set
$conf['allowdebug'] = 0
You are currently not logged in
Your current permission for this page is 8
The current page is not writable by the webserver
The current page is writable by you
</do=check>

I've previously installed this same dokuwiki version in CentOS in 5
minutes and it's fully working
(http://xserver.kicks-ass.org/dokuwiki/doku.php) ... this is driving
me mad!:D How can I debug this PHP code and find out where this is
going wrong?

I've also manually added a couple of "start.txt" but can't see them in
dokuwiki. My current pages filestructure :