[dokuwiki] Re: WYSIWYG edition? So how ?!

  • From: Galen Johnson <gjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 21:23:10 -0500

Chris Smith wrote:

> Matthias Grimm wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 16:56:47 +0100
>> Spinodo - Charles Mougel <charles.mougel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> Do you know this site ?
>>> http://tinymce.moxiecode.com
>>>

>> This thing is absolutely overkill.
>>
>>   Best Regards
>>     Matthias
>>

> Dojo does one as well -
> http//blog.dojotoolkit.org/2005/11/07/new-editor-widget-explained  I
> am not sure they are that reliable across all browsers/platforms just
> yet.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

While I agree timymce is overkill for docuwiki, there are a couple of
components that it has that could be useful as a button in the editor.
I'd say pretty much any element that is supported on the syntax page is
a candidate for a button...super/subscript, table elements,
footnotes...that kind of stuff.

You have the preview button to show you what it's going to look like so
a full blown wysiwyg is definitely more than you need (of course, it
might be cool to have html elements if html is enabled).

Just my 2 cents...

=G=
=G=