[dokuwiki] Re: URL-seperated templates for one DokuWiki

  • From: Michael Haschke <michael.haschke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 21:43:39 +0100

Hello Markus,

2011/2/10 Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> On the hand with a normal template (e.g. http://example.com)
>> on the other hand with a template which shows only textual informations
>> (without images or so) for connection over modem (e.g.
>> http://example.com/modem)

First, I would suggest that those alternate version are located
parallel on the same level in the information architecture, so
http://modem.example.com/ is probably the better choice.

> You could setup a farm [http://www.dokuwiki.org/tips:farm] in which each
> "animal" shares the same data directory, but is configured with different

Maybe this would be like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut :) With
my suggestion above you could just point modem.example.com to the same
server directory like example.com, then test for the domain in
Dokuwikis user configuration file and change some stuff like the
template to be used.

> templates. The template for the modem version could disable images and other
> heavy stuff per CSS.

This works with images inserted via CSS but probably not with images
which are a direct part of the html document outline, they will be
requested by the client even if they are set to display:none. You
could activate a plugin (same way like changing the template) what
filters out images from wiki articles via event listener.

> The only thing that needs special attention in this kind of setup is the
> cache directory. Because the rendered cache files also contain code per
> template, you need to have a different $conf['cachedir'] per animal.

Same here.

regards,
Haschek

--