[dokuwiki] Tagging in DokuWiki?

  • From: "K. Bauckmeier-PTW Dresden" <K.Bauckmeier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:34:30 +0100

Hello list,

in the last time Ester Brunner was very active about developing her
Blog-Plugin. Many thanks
for that, I think it adds some very nice features, witch greatly opens up the
possibilitys with
dokuwiki!

In particular the "tag"-part is drawing my attention. I understand, that it is
only useable for a
given Name-space and for creating nice lists (archives) with all tagged entries?

I wonder if anyone already thought about a more generally approach to tagging
in DokuWiki,
like it is common for most WEB 2.0 application like Flikr, OpenBC.de,
del.icio.us ...

An interesting way of using tags can be looked at in TiddlyWiki
http://www.tiddlywiki.com/
This is a kind of personal-notebook-wiki, witch is heavily using JavaScript for
user
convenience in a one-file-setup.

Tagging could be used for SO MANY things in DokuWiki:
-Personal bookmarking for readers (a thing I always miss)
-collecting FixMe, ToDo, Delete, Review -marks
-Language marking things for single pages like de: en:
-Version-tracking (documentation is for a given version of a (software-)product
for easy
finding all pages witch have to update)
-a second database like approach to content for users witch works over all
name-spaces and
does not rely on linking
... and many more.

There is an page about tagging at
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:discussion:tags But to be
honest, I am not sure if this would be a good solution for the wanted features.

Like discussed in http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:discussion:indexing?s=tagging
 querying for
Tags would probably need an index witch will be (re-)generated when someone
creates /
edits a page.

If there is more interest in this feature, I would file a feature request at
http://bugs.splitbrain.org .
Unfortunately, I can't much contribute to the implementation :-(

greetings Konrad Bauckmeier
from Dresden, Germany

(sorry for my english, I hope everything is understandable, feel free to ask or
correct :-)

mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dipl.-Ing. Konrad Bauckmeier
--
PTW Planungsgemeinschaft Tief- und Wasserbau GmbH
Lewickistr.12 - 01279 Dresden

Unsere Homepage: http://www.ptw-dresden.de
Werden Sie Mitglied in OpenBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invite/4404980.d144aa