[dokuwiki] Re: Signature broken

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 22:29:47 +0100

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 13:31:44 +0100
Guy Brand <gb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   I have installed a fresh copy of dokuwiki pulled from this morning
>   to test Michael Klier's new arctic template. The signature seems
>   broken: @USER@ or @NAME@ inside $conf['signature'] ends empty.

Hmm the problem is that I did disable session_start in js.php to avoid
having PHP send all those headers which cause a browser to refetch a
page on every pageload. The problem is this removes the availability of
the $_SESSION array which holds the user data :-( I could have sworn it
did work when I tested it.

Well we have two options: Enable start_session again and handle all the
header setting our self (adding some if-modified-since and etag stuff
would be nice as well) or create the needed javascript in
tpl_metaheaders which would go somewhat against the principle of
unobstrusive JavaScript but is surely the simplest way.

Suggestions, Opinions anyone?