[dokuwiki] Search terms being dropped?

  • From: "Van Lommel, James" <james.vanlommel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:50:24 -0800

I've got about 1,500+ pages in my wiki and ran the indexer by hand when I
upgraded to the latest stable version. That indexed all the terms quite well.

Now, several weeks later, it seems like words are being dropped from the
search index.

  * Unique words are present on a dokuwiki page. Searching for them returns no
results.

The unique word/search term will show up in the search results if I
  * manually add in a (new) unique word to an existing page
  * "edit" and then "save" (w/ no changes) a section that contains a unique
word
  * "edit" and then "save" (w/ changes) a full page that contains a unique
word

Example:
I have a page with an (h2) title at the top with text "Bulb Replacement for
Sharp XG-P10XU in Conference Room".

  * Searching for "Bulb" returned a link to the page
  * Searching for "Sharp" returned no results
  * Searching for "XG-P10XU" returned no results

All terms showed up after I edited the h2 to an h1.

Yes: I use a custom template and yes it includes indexer.php as a webbug in
the footer.

Any hints or ideas about what might be going on here? Are there limits to what
the dokuwiki search mechanism will keep indexed?

- James