[dokuwiki] Re: SV: Re: SV: Re: Extended characters in acronyms doesn't work

  • From: Otto Vainio <oiv@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:00:52 +0200

Lindgren Daniel wrote:

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: dokuwiki-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:dokuwiki-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] För Otto Vainio
Skickat: den 18 januari 2008 10:05
Till: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ämne: [dokuwiki] Re: SV: Re: Extended characters in acronyms
doesn't work

Hi

http://www.google.com/search?q=ultraedit+BOM

first two

http://www.ultraedit.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=994
http://www.ultraedit.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34

seems to explain how to configure ultraedit to not use BOM :)

OK, sorry for being a bit unclear, I've also tried "Save As" ->  "Format: UTF8 - NO BOM"
in UltraEdit-32, but the two first bytes are still FF FE in the resulting file (I use Ctrl+H to switch to hex
view in UltraEdit-32) and if I binary diff a "NO BOM" file with a UTF8 there are no differences.

Not sure if FF FE indicates BOM or just Windows Unicode (UTF-16), but the
problem with empty acronyms persists.

/Daniel

The FFFE is the BOM. The other link
http://www.ultraedit.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34 has instructions on how to remove existing BOM from file. Hmm. seems to me that ulrtaedit is broken with this feature. I will still stay with editplus.

brgds Otto