[dokuwiki] Re: Reflexion on metafiles

  • From: YoBoY <yoboy.leguesh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 17:31:07 +0200

Christopher Smith a écrit :
Any solution that relies on the plugin being present and active would fail to
remove meta files for removed/disabled plugins.

But rather than an event.  I think adding a standard config value that could be
used to list any metafiles extensions the plugin uses.  This has the advantage
of being a passive listing, ie. its not being created on every DokuWiki page
view, when it would be used very rarely.

- Chris
Yes, it's my first choice to add a config like $conf ['metatypes'] = "changes,meta,indexed,mlist"; but it's not user friendly for the plugins who can't add their meta extension to the list. It's an excellent solution to a local patch, but not to a global patch. To keep the way the system works actualy (auto discover) I can also introduce an "_auto" possibility.

Considering this function metaFiles only serve to find the files candidate to deletion, we can see this configuration option like "which meta files we delete with a page". This have the advantage to let the administrator or a plugin developer to choose if he want to keep some meta informations on a page or not when the page is deleted.

YoBoY