[dokuwiki] Recent comments in sidebar

  • From: Christian Kreutz <ckreutz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:49:26 +0100

Dear all,

the past weeks I have experimented quite a lot with Dokuwiki and I
really like it. However I work with different kind of wikis and I miss
for dokuwiki, that it does not put the latest activitiy to the
frontpage by default. For example the latest changes and recent
comments (discussion plugin) in the sidebar. I think that is key to
get users involved. I checked the mailing archive but could not find a
solution.

Recent changes I could implement through the recent plugin. But for
latest comments I am still struggling. I found a bad solution to get
the latest comments through the feed plugin: {{commentsfeed> |
Individual Comments}} and then using include plugin to load them into
a page. But that include feed is only visible  when I also send the
login and pasword through the url.

{{rss>URL/dokuwiki/lib/plugins/feed/feed.php?plugin=discussion&fn=getComments&showcomments&ns=&title=Comments&login=test&password=test}}

And that is of course not a really good idea. :-(

Does somebody maybe have an idea how to solve that better? Thanks in advance!

Best Christian