[dokuwiki] Recent changes

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 11:27:11 +0100

Hi,

(a) Trimming recent change cache

I think the trimming of the recent change cache to one page is too short. If you have editors who in the course of changing one page, end up making several edits, the number of pages showing in the list can be reduced dramatically and possibly important information about other changes is not seen.

I know $conf['recent'] can be increased, but it has the side effect of increasing the number of changes shown on one page.

Does there need to be a number for this at all - ie. is trimming by age ($conf['recent_days']) enough?

(b) Adjusting recent change presentation

Now the recent change list is much reduced, is it worth extending the page to make it expandable. ie, show the most recent edit of each page, with an clickable indicator showing more edits to this page have been made recently. Clicking the indicator will show the other recent changes to this page.

Often minor edits/corrections are made to a page shortly after a major edit, caused by the extra numbers of eyes reading the page. Having a simple way to see other recent edits, will easily give access to the summary describing the major edit.

Good idea? bad idea? feasible?

Cheers,

Chris