[dokuwiki] Questions about parser

  • From: Linas Valiukas <shirshegsm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:16:34 +0300

Hello,

I'm proud to say that multilanguage add-on I promised a week ago is
almost done ;-).

I've chosen the data/<lang_id>/<article's_name_in_that_language>.txt
"syntax". Also you can choose preferred language in the drop down box.
Everything (almost) working right now but the only thing left is to
somehow relate pages in different languages (i.e. en/dog.txt and
fr/chien.txt).

I'm thinking about adding a new "tag" to the parser which will let
editors to define links to other pages about the same subject, For
example:

<article>
==== Dog ====

Beware of big dogs!

{{fr:chien}}
{{lt:šuo}}
</article>

And so visitors will see a star near their language ID in the drop
down box. That star would mean that the page they're seeing is
translated in that language.

So, the questions:
1) where the parser is (there are several files in inc/parser/, but I
don't know which one do I need)?
2) how to add the feature described above without much ass pain?
3) is there a way to move that feature outside the class (I want to
encapsulate the whole multilanguage thing to inc/multilang.php)

Regards,

--
Linas Valiukas
gsm: +370 687 65 870