[dokuwiki] Proposal against slowness

  • From: "Diego Giorgini" <diegogiorgini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 15:16:22 +0200

Hi, I'm Diego
I have just discovered dokuwiki and I love it: markup, ACL, etc...
Unfortunately it results slow maybe because of the slow upload band of my
home server.

The biggest bottleneck I have found is the external resources, especially
the big JS file.
I think the problem is that these file are not cached by the browsers so
there are delays of at least 1 or 2 seconds
at each page's loading.

A solution could be generating css and js file for each theme only when a
change to plugin or theme is done
by the admin console and saving them in /lib/tpl/THEME/style.css ,
/lib/tpl/THEME/print.css and
/lib/tpl/THEME/script.js . In this way the browser could cache them without
troubles, and the web server
could manage them better (caching them in ram, using the "last modification"
and Etag header's information)

What do you think about this solution?

:: Diego