[dokuwiki] Re: Problem with MySQL Authentication

  • From: Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:46:53 +0100

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:35:21 -0500
Paul Woods <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm having a problem with MySQL authentication using dokuwiki-2005-9-22.
>   First, is MySQL authentication even supposed to work on this version?
>   The code all seems to be there even though it's marked develonly at
> http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:oo_auth_mysql.

If the release contained the MySQL code, it should work. The wiki
manual is already changed to the new object orientated authenticating
backend that will come with the next release. There is still an old page
describing the current version you use:
              http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:auth_mysql

The SQL statement names have changed between the old and the new
interface. The page above describes the correct configuration for your
version. Please don't mix old and new commands.

> I have verified that my getGroups query returns rows.  What's odd is
> that even if I remove the user-group relationships for the given user
> (meaning no rows should be returned) then I still get the same error on
> line 122.  I would think that line 120 would be executed to assign the
> default group if no rows are returned from the query.

Your "getGroups" query should be named "groups" and look similar to this one:

$conf['auth']['mysql']['groups']      = "SELECT name as `group`
                                           FROM groups a, users b, usergroup c
                                          WHERE b.uid = c.uid
                                            AND a.gid = c.gid
                                            AND b.login='%u'";

The query should return a table with one group each row. Dokuwiki will
access the group name as "group" so depending on your database
structure a alias might be necessary. The example above use an alias too.

> Can anyone help with this?

I hope the above will help. If you have further problems, please send
your sql statment definitions and database structure (at least the user
and groups definition).

  Best Regards
    Matthias